a flat dish for kneading the flour, an oven and a bowl for the filling.
Bihari Litti Ingredients
- Whole wheat flour: 2 cups
- Thick yoghurt: 1 cup
- For filling:
- Sattu (roasted and ground black chana): 1 cup
- Garlic: 4 cloves, crushed
- Ginger: 1 inch piece, fresh, finely chopped
- Green chili: 3, finely chopped
- Cilantro leaves: cup, finely chopped
- Onion seed (kalonji): tsp
- Mustard seeds: 2 tbsps
- Thyme (Ajwain): 1 tsp
- Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
- Mircha achar masala: 2 tbsp
- Salt: to taste
Preparation Method for Bihari Litti Recipe
- Sieve the flour with salt.
- Knead the flour with the yoghurt to form firm dough. Do not use water. Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside.
- Now prepare the filling.
- Mix all ingredients with the Sattu, add ½ cup of water and form a moist stuffing.
- Knead the flour once again and divide into 8 equal portions.
- Dust each portion in to a ball and form a flat patty with your hand. You do not need a rolling pin for this.
- Stuff 3 tsps of the filling in the patty and close from all sides.
- When all 8 litti’s are stuffed, cover with foil and bake in a pre heated oven at 175 degree Celsius till one side of the Litti turns brown, then turn over and bake on the other side.
- The Bihari Litti is now ready.
- Remove, dip the Bihari Litti in pure ghee and serve with Baingan ka Bharta.