Light meals & snacks
bowls for chutney, a big bowl for the Bhel puri.
Bhel Puri Ingredients
- Puffed rice/murmure: 500gms
- Flat crisp puri: 1 whole packet
- Crisp plain sev: 250 gms
- Chat masala: 2 tsp
- Chili powder: 1 tsp
- Potatoes: 2, large, boiled and diced
- Onion: 1 big, chopped finely
- Raw mango: 2 tbsps, finely chopped
- Cilantro leaves: 1 small bunch, finely chopped
- Lemon juice: as per taste
- Salt: as per taste
Preparation Method for Bhel Puri Recipe
- First, prepare the chutneys.
- For spicy chutney, grind all the ingredients to a fine paste using a little water. The chutney will be bright green color. Keep aside in a bowl.
- For the sweet chutney, grind all ingredients using some water. Reserve in a separate bowl.
- Mix puffed rice and sev together.
- Add chat masala, salt and chili powder.
- Add chopped onions, chopped mango (or lemon juice), and diced potatoes to the puffed rice mixture.
- Mix well and garnish with chopped cilantro leaves.
- While serving the Bhel puri, add the spicy and sweet and sour chutney. Mix well and serve with the crisp puris.