12 hours for soaking the Black Bhatt, 1 hour for cooking.
a vessel for soaking the Bhatt, thick bottomed vessel for coking.
Bhatt Ki Churdkani Ingredients
- Black Bhatt: 1 cup
- Rice flour paste: 2 tsps
- Onion: 1 medium sized
- Cumin seeds: tsp
- Cumin seed powder: 1 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Chili powder: 1 tsp
- Turmeric: tsp
- Cilantro leaves: 1 small bunch, chopped
- Whole red chili: 4
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Water: 5 cups
- Salt: as per taste
Preparation Method for Bhatt Ki Churdkani Recipe
- Wash the Bhatt and soak in water for 12 hours.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed vessel, crackle the cumin seeds, add the strained Bhatt and sliced onions.
- Fry till the Bhatt turns golden brown.
- Add two teaspoons of rice flour paste and allow it to cook for few minutes.
- Then add the chili powder, cumin seed powder, coriander powder, salt and turmeric.
- Add 4 cups of water and allow it to cook till Bhatt turns thick and soft.
- The cooked Bhatt Ki Churdkani will be dark green in color.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves and fried red chili.
- Serve with plain rice.