Hair is an important attribute of your overall look. A stylish look can get completely marred by oily and greasy hair. Our scalp has oil glands that secrete oil necessary for healthy hair. But, when these glands produce too much of oil, the result is greasy hair. The reasons for this excessive oil production could be many such as oily food, health disorder, heredity, medicines, hormonal changes, hectic lifestyle and stress, and last but not the least inadequate hair care. If you are looking for how to take care of oily hair, this article brings you some simple tips and home remedies.
Oily hair needs to be cleaned regularly as it may lead to problems such as hair fall, dandruff, and scalp infections. Chemical based products may not be of much help as their excessive use removes the natural oil on scalp and hair. So, how to take care of oily hair without any side effects? The answer is some best homemade hair serums for oily hair as listed below:
1. The citric acid in lemon juice makes it a natural remedy for controlling oil secretion in the scalp. Squeeze the juice from 1-2 lemons and add some water. Gently massage your scalp and hair with the mixture for few minutes. Wash off your hair and scalp with lukewarm water after 30 minutes. You can repeat this treatment for 3-4 times in a week.
2. You can remove the excessive oil from your scalp and hair using white vinegar, which is a rich source of acetic acid. Just add one cup of white vinegar with half a cup of water. Apply the mix on your scalp and hair. Once it dries out, wash off your hair with simply water or a mild shampoo.
3. One of the effective tips to take care for oily hair is baking soda which has excellent oil absorption property. Just add baking soda with water and make a paste. Apply it on damp scalp and gently massage for a few minutes. Wash it off with cold water after 10-15 minutes.
4. Aloe Vera is one of the best hair serums for oily hair. You can mix a teaspoon of fresh Aloe Vera gel with a tablespoon full of lemon juice and a cup of mild shampoo. Use this as a homemade shampoo to rinse your hair everyday for full one week and you will be happy to see the difference.
5. Tea rinse and mint rinse are other well-known tips to take care for oily hair. Boil some black tea leaves or mint leaves for 10-15 minutes. Allow the solution to cool down a bit. When lukewarm, rinse your hair and scalp with it. After few minutes wash off your hair with a mild shampoo.
While you can benefit from any of the above home remedies, it is also important to choose hair products that are specifically designed for oily hair. Also, avoid brushing your hair too much and apply conditioners only on the hair ends. So, stop worrying about how to take care of oily hair and start with these simple tips.