The more embarrassing problem people face is bad breath. Just after finishing a nice delicious meal we may tend to have bad breath. In medical terms bad breath is also known as halitosis. It is an unavoidable condition for everyone. Bad breath is caused due to medical reasons also. Certain foods like garlic, onions and other such vegetables may also cause bad breath. Some of the bacterial develop in the teeth can be the reason behind bad breath for some people. Improper brushing is one of the main causes for bad breath. To deal with bad breath there are some simple rules which have to be followed.
Causes of Bad Breath
There are several causes for bad breath. Some can be due to medical reasons and some are due to bad habits. Below are some of the most common causes for bad breath.
- Improper brushing of teeth. Not cleaning your teeth properly in the morning can be a major cause for bad breath.
- Smoking is another obvious cause of bad breath. The nicotine has a tendency of causing bad breath.
- Acidity and other stomach problems can also cause bad breath.
- Tooth infections and gum diseases cause bad breath. The bacterial formation in the teeth has a tendency of secreting sulphur compounds which will causes bad breath.
- Zinc deficiency is also one of the medical causes for bad breath.
- In chronic cases disease like cancer, tuberculosis or syphilis also cause bad breath. This is due to the degrading of the system which cannot fight minor bacterial infections.
Home Remedies of Bad Breath
To cure bad breath you can depend on simple herbs and essential oils which can be found in every household. Unless it is caused because of chronic diseases, there is no need of medication for bad breath. Here are some of the most effective home remedies for bad breath.
- One of the simplest home remedy to avoid bad breath is by using mouth wash after brushing your teeth. The mouth wash which are now available in the market are anti-septic which keep your mouth clear from bacteria.
- Apple cider vinegar is off later considered to be the best remedy for bad breath. Mix half a table spoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and then gargle for 10 mins. This should take care of your bad breath for the day. Make it a practice and you can completely avoid having bad breath.
- Bad breath is sometimes because of dry mouth. One can observe this condition when you wake up in the morning. For this simply have citrus fruits which will help you in removing the dryness. This will help you improve your breath.
- If you are suffering to deal with bad breath after meal then it is advised to chew cloves after every meal. This will avoid you from having bad breath.
- Apple is the best medicine for curing bad breath. Apple helps you purify and protect your oral system. It is very efficient in removing bacteria which causes bad breath.
- Tea tree oil is also a very good supplement for curing bad breath. The antiseptic properties of the oil will help you in keeping your oral system clean and avoid bad breath. Simply add a drop of tea tree oil in your tooth paste and brush. This will solve your problem of bad breath.