Large skillet, Baking dish, Large mixing bowls, Large wooden spoon for mixing, Sharp Knifes, Oven gloves
Bacon Spinach Strata Ingredients
- Sliced bacon – 1 pound
- Sliced mushrooms – 8 ounces
- Canola oil – 2 teaspoons
- Shredded Swiss cheese – 4 ounces
- Chopped spinach – 10 ounces
- Cheddar cheese – 8 ounces
- Milk – 3 cups
- Onion powder – ½ teaspoon
- Garlic Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Ground Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Sliced green onions – 1 bunch
- Bread (not entirely fresh) – 1 loaf
- Eggs – 9
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Pepper – ¼ teaspoon
Preparation Method for Bacon Spinach Strata Recipe
- Put half the bread cubes and half the Swiss cheese in the bottom.
- Add a layer of bacon, cheddar cheese and mushrooms and onions.
- Add a layer of the remaining Swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, spinach and bread cubes.
- Place the chopped spinach amongst the rest of the ingredients.
- In the large mixing bowl, mix the milk, eggs and other seasoning.
- Pour the mixture over the casserole.
- Cover with a loose fitting lid and keep refrigerated overnight.
- Take out from the fridge half and hour before baking.
- Bake in a hot oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 15 minutes before serving.