Brunch, Light meals & snacks, Main course, Other, Side dishes, Starters & nibbles
Bowl, Pan, Skillet, Serving bowl, Ladle
Baby Corn Pepper Dry Ingredients
- Babycorns - 12 pieces sliced diagonally
- Onions - 3 chopped fine
- Dry Red Chillies - 4 chopped
- Peppercorns - 8 chopped
- Garlic Flakes - 6 crushed or paste
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 6 torn up
- Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp chopped finely for garnishing
- Oil - 1 tbsp for basic frying
- Salt to taste
Preparation Method for Baby Corn Pepper Dry Recipe
- Start with boiling some water in a pan. Once it boils add some salt and then the baby corn. This will make the baby corn tender and ready to fry.
- If you want it to cook better, it’s best to let it boil without a cover.
- Once the baby corn is tender, drain the rest of the water.
- The drained water can be used as broth to make soup or to cook other items. It is high in nutritional content and is best if not wasted.
- Finely chop up the onions.
- In a skillet or pan, heat the oil and fry the chillies, half the onions and the peppercorns.
- Once the onions are golden brown, take it off the flame and let it cool.
- Once it is cool, blend the mix into a smooth paste.
- In another skillet or pan, heat some more oil and let the mustard seeds splutter.
- Then add the curry leaves and the remaining onions with some garlic and saute until it’s all golden brown.
- Add the baby corn to the mix and once it is crisp, add the blended paste.
- Cook until gravy dries up.
- Garnish with chopped corriander.
- Serve hot.