Pan, Cover for the pan (optional), Bowl for mixing, Serving plate, Ladle
Baby Corn Fry Ingredients
- Baby corn slit in half - 10 pieces
- Ginger paste or crushed - ½ Teaspoon
- Garlic paste or crushed - ½ Teaspoon
- Chili powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - to taste (about ½ teaspoon)
- Corn Flour - 1 Tablespoon
- Gram Flour - 2 Tablespoon
- Rice Flour - 2 Tablespoons
- Oil to fry - about three cups
Preparation Method for Baby Corn Fry Recipe
- Start with boiling some water in a pan. Once it boils add some salt and then the baby corn. This will make the baby corn tender and ready to fry.
- If you want it to cook better, it’s best to let it boil without a cover.
- Once the baby corn is tender, drain the rest of the water.
- The drained water can be used as broth to make soup or to cook other items. It is high in nutritional content and is best not wasted.
- In a bowl, mix the salt, ginger paste or crush, the garlic paste or crush.
- Then, add the chili powder and mix well.
- Add all the three different types of flour (corn flour, gram flour and rice flour) to the mix and ensure that you get a consistent mix. Add some water to make a thick batter out of it. Be careful not to add too much water as that will ruin the proportions and you may need to start afresh.
- In the meanwhile, heat some oil in a pan or skillet. Once it is relatively warm and ready to fry, dip the boiled baby corn in the ready batter and gently let it into the oil.
- Take it out once it turns golden brown.
- Serve when hot.