Light meals & snacks
Serving Dish, Muffin tins, Oven
Apple Spiced Muffins Ingredients
To Make 10–12 Standard Size
- 9 oz (225 grams) plain flour
- 3 teaspoons (15 milliliter) baking powder or you can also use self-raising flour, without any baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons of (7.5 milliliter) mixed spice (1½ teaspoons cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg and a pinch of cloves and ginger powder)
- 3–4 oz (85 – 110 grams) of fine white granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 oz (170 grams) of finely sliced apple (Granny Smiths are considered to be great, but most other types also work just as fine)
- 5 fl oz (150 milliliter) of milk
- 3 fl oz (90 milliliter) of vegetable oil or 3 oz (85grams) of polyunsaturated melted margarine
- 2-3 oz (65 – 90 grams) of raisins, sultanas or chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons (45 milliliter) of soft brown sugar
- 2 oz (60 grams) of chopped walnuts
Preparation Method for Apple Spiced Muffins Recipe
Step 1: 1. To start with prepare muffin tins. Preheat oven to 375 - 400°F (190 - 200°C).
Step 2: In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, spice, salt, and sugar well.
Step 3: In another bowl, beat egg using a fork. Add in chopped apple and milk along with oil/melted margarine.
Step 4: Pour all the wet mixture into dry pan. Stir until it is smooth; add dried fruit/walnuts during the final strokes. This batter is concentrated than most; apple releases juice when cooked.
Step 5: Spoon this batter into muffin tins. Sprinkle your favorite topping. You can use brown sugar or walnuts toppings also if you relish. Bake about 20 – 25 minutes until tops are slightly golden brown and spring back when pressed softly. Allow it to cool for several minutes to enable the removal easily.