The best thing about alternative treatments for acne is that they are void of any side-effects and are much more effective than other treatments. What’s more, they are cheap and can be easily obtained. If you have been suffering from acne from a very long period, and have got fed up with trying different treatments and ending up with no result, think of trying the alternative treatments for acne. You have to remember some points while trying alternative treatment. Always remember that, acne is not a superficial problem. It is the external manifestation of the internal problem. So, if it has to be cured, it has to be cured from within. Unless you target the root cause of the problem, you are never going to get rid of it.
The alternative treatments for acne can be listed as below:
• Try herbal remedies for acne. Black cohosh, dong quai, red clover, wild yam, evening primrose and chaste berry are known to fight acne effectively. The alternative treatment for acne involving herbs also aims at fighting the inflammation and infection caused by bacteria. They also have antifungal properties. Echinacea, dandelion root, burdock and tea tree helps to build up the skin’s ability to fight against acne.
• Include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables like carrots, yellow-orange vegetables and dark leafy vegetables in the diet. Try to avoid dairy products, nuts, fried foods, soda, margarine and meat because they can aggravate the problems of cystic acne.
• Another reason for acne is deficiency of various vitamins in the skin. Deficiency of Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Pantothenic Acid can trigger the outbreak of skin problems like acne. Intake of adequate amounts of fruits, vegetables and vitamin supplements can be a suggested solution to have a vitamin balance in the body. They are regarded as the best treatments for acne in naturopathy.
• Acne also happens due to stress. Exercise and meditation is known to release stress and lessen the skin’s tendency of acne problems.
• Zinc is an element that plays a key role in healing wounds and reducing inflammation. A prescribed amount of zinc supplement with food or the use of creams and lotions containing zinc may prove helpful in fighting acne.
• Drinking lots of water really helps. One should drink at least 6-8 glasses of water every day to flush out the toxins of the system.
• Tea tree oil is found to be effective in many cases though they are not helpful in acne rosacea because it can worsen symptoms. Not everyone can use it though, because some people develop allergies like contact dermatitis while using the oil.
• Glycolic acid is known to have properties of removing dead skin cells and unclogging the pores. They also help to develop the skin texture by working on acne scars. It can however cause some redness, mild stinging and skin irritation.
• Cucumber is very helpful in acne control. It also rejuvenates the skin with its astringent properties.
• Homeopathy, Chinese medicine, Acupuncture and Ayurveda are also other alternative treatments for acne scars. These treatments however vary from person to person according to personal choices.
However, one should never forget that worry, stress and lack of sleep lies at the root of most of our problems. Always try to keep worry at bay looking at the brighter side of life. Take a warm bath before going to bed at night. This not only relaxes your nerves, but also hydrates your skin and hair.