Acne is a very common problem and usually appears when a person is in his/her teens. This is a chronic skin problem and other than the face, it affects other parts of the body like chest, neck and shoulders. There are many reasons that can cause acne. Acne usually affects people between the age of 12 and 25 years. This problem if not taken care of in time may become sever.
Causes for Acne
Acne can be caused by a number of reasons like:-
- Having an unbalanced diet
- Eating food that is rich in fats like fried food.
- Foods that are rich in sugar and starch can also cause breakouts of acne.
- Severe constipation can also be the main cause of acne.
- If there is no proper bowel movement, the toxins remains and affects the bloodstream, thus cause acne.
- If the skin is clogged with dirt, it doesn’t allow the skin to breath thus leads to acne breakout.
- Acne can also be caused by an unhealthy diet like drinking too much of coffee, tea, smoking and alcohol. All these lead to the disorder of the digestive system.
Do’s and Don’ts for Acne
Since acne is caused by all the above reasons, a few things should be remembered to prevent acne breakouts.
- Make sure you eat healthy food like fruits, vegetable and juices as this keeps your system clear and free from toxins.
- Avoid having oily food like fried food and food that is rich in fats. Anything greasy can cause acne.
- Do make sure to remove your make up before sleeping as make up also clogs the pores that leads to acne on the face.
- Include lots of salad in your meal as salad is healthy and keeps your body clean.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
Acne Home Remedies
- Take equal quantity of rose water and lemon juice in some cotton. Apply this on your face and leave it for some time. Do this for 20-25 days and you’ll see good results.
- Take a tablespoon of sour cream, 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 tablespoon of ground oatmeal and mix 2-3 drops of lemon juice. Apply this pack on your face and leave it for 10-15 minutes to dry. Later wash it with cold water. This home remedy helps in curing acne.
- Take 1 tablespoon of lime juice and 1 tablespoon of groundnut oil. Mix both of these together and apply this on your face. This is an effective method to cure acne.
- Another effective home remedy for acne is to apply some egg yolk on the acne. Leave it for 15-20 minutes on the face. Wash your face with cold water.
- Make a paste of honey and almonds and apply this paste on the face. Massage your face gently with a soft cloth. Then rinse with cold water.
- Another effective home remedy for acne is to make a mixture of, ½ cup of cooked oatmeal, ½ cup of mashed apple, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 egg. Apply this paste and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash with cold water.