Unum Insurance Company
About Unum Insurance Company
Unum Insurance Company is a Fortune 500 Company. It provides short-term, long-term care and group life insurance to millions of people and thousands of companies with a history of over 160 years.
The predecessor of Unum Insurance Company, Union Mutual Life Insurance Company was formed in the year 1848. It was among the first few major US mutual insurance companies to go public with the formation of the Unum Corporation in 1986. It is known as the largest individual insurance carrier in the world. Its current headquarters are at Chattanooga, TN. Its parent company is the Unum Group.
Unum Insurance Company Information
Lines of Insurance:
States licensed to sell insurance in:
AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
Type of Insurance Company: Stock
Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.
Provident Life & Accident Insurance Co.
UNUM Life Insurance Co. of America
The Paul Revere Life Insurance Co.
First Unum Life Insurance Co.
Provident Life & Casualty Insurance Co.
Unum Insurance Company Rating: A-
Company Financial Status:
Ticker Symbol: UNM (NYSE)
Assets & Premiums: 2006 Premiums: $7.95 Billion
2006 Assets: $52.8 Billion
S&P rating: BBB+ (good)
Moody's rating: Baa1 (adequate)
Fitch rating: A- (strong)
Services Offered by Unum Insurance Company
Unum Insurance Company offers the following services:
- Short and long term disability coverage: When an employee is unable to work for various reasons, the company offers to make up for the financial loss for that particular period.
- Flexible Coverage Options: Here employees are offered insurance policies according to the relevant coverage required.
- Critical Illness and Supplemental Benefits: These policies are designed to give financial help for employees who have health problems or critical illness.
Benefits and Claims of Unum Insurance Company
- Unum Insurance Company has a team of professional benefits specialists who have the job of taking the customer through evaluation of the claim.
- Claims can be filed online through the company website at www.unum.com.
- Once the claim is filed, the progress can be monitored online.
- Paper claim forms can be faxed or mailed to the Unum Insurance Company.
- On receipt of a claim, Unum Insurance Company will contact the claimant within three to five business days.
Unum Insurance CompanyContact Details & Phone Number
President Thomas R. Watjen
1 Fountain Square
Chattanooga, TN 37402-1330
Phone Number: 207-575-2211
Where to send complaints:
UNUM Customer Service
Phone Number: 207-575-2211
Types of Insurance Services
- Auto Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Boat Insurance
- Credit Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flood Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Home Insurance
- Insurance Companies
- Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Property Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Self Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Title Insurance
- Insurance Companies by State
- Insurance Company Codes
- Insurance Company Ratings