Any pet owner wants the best type of insurance for his/her pet but searching for the right kind can be a little confusing and tricky as the pet insurance quotes from different insurance providers varies to a large extent. Hence, it is imperative to do a thorough research by visiting or calling up pet insurance companies like ASPCA, Trupanion, Hartville and Purina and asking for a quotation before selecting a plan for your pet.
Keep in mind the following before asking for a quote:
1. Prioritise what you want: First know and list down what coverage you need for your pet priority-wise, as most companies send out a general free quotation. Ask yourself, whether you need a basic plan or do you require a comprehensive plan? Most companies are open to customise a plan specifically for your needs rather than giving a off the shelf plan. So, if you know what you want, you can freely ask them to provide a customised quote for you.
2. Finding the right quote: Today, thankfully this can be done at a click of a mouse button. So, get online and list your requirements. Once you get the quote you can either get on to various websites which have done a comparative study of various companies as well as showcase the customer reviews. This is where you can see which insurance policies service the customers well and which don’t.
3. Narrowing it down: Once you have narrowed down your favourites you can decide which one is right for you and your beloved pet. Ideally, select a reputable company and compare all the different features mentioned in their respective of pet insurance quotes which they have offered to you.
4. Taking the call: Ensure that you have thoroughly checked what is included and excluded from the insurance plan and policy that you choose finally. Keep in mind the deductibles and reimbursements which you would like in case of any illness or accident.
5. Add On: Do check out if you can add on to your policy as and when your pet’s requirement changes with time and age.
Lastly, invest wisely for your pet’s health and your peace of mind.