The mantra which the Peoples Benefit Life Insurance Company carries is, to allow the people get the benefit which they deserve. Founded in the year 1920, Peoples Benefit Life is a subsidiary of the internationally known Dutch company, AEGON.
Peoples Benefit Life offers several types of life insurance, and annuities both fixed and variable. This company functions in all the states of New York. Here it is an accredited re-insurer. Peoples Benefit Life has a value of more than $10 billion in terms of live insurance.
Peoples Benefit Life is proud of its strong financial position and is rated as being among the top insurance companies in the US today with a rating of A+ by Best Insurance Reports. Peoples Benefit Life merged with Monumental Life Insurance in the year 2007.
Lines of Insurance:
States licensed to sell insurance in:
AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
Type of Insurance Company: Stock (parent)
Name of Parent Company:
AEGON USA Group
Benefit Life Insurance Company Rating: A+
Company Financial Status:
Ticker Symbol: AEG (NYSE)
Assets & Premiums: 2006 Assets: $15.5 billion
S&P rating: AA (very strong)
Moody's rating: Aa3 (excellent)
Fitch rating: AA+ (very strong)
Several different categories of insurance are offered by Peoples Benefit Life. These are described below:
1. Term Life: This kind of policy offered by Peoples Benefit Life is basically a death benefit paid out on the death of the policyholder during the term of the insurance policy. The term life products offered are:
2. Whole Life: These are also known as permanent insurance policies due to the strong guarantees in terms of cash values, premiums and death benefits. The products which Peoples Benefit Life offers are:
3. Interest Sensitive Whole Life: This kind of policy is one which has a potential of increase in value in two ways – the cash value may appreciate more than other policies and the death benefit can increase as a result of excess interest credits. The two products offered under this category are:
4. Cancer Check/Expense Policy: This is a pair of policies which are complementary to each other. The two policies offered are:
5. Accident Insurance: With the possibility of an accident lurking just round the corner, Peoples Benefit Life covers the following aspects of accident insurance:
Making a claim is quite simple:
Peoples Benefit Life
President Marilyn Carp
4333 Edgewood Road N.E.
Cedar Rapids, IA 52499
Phone Number: 319-355-8511
Where to send complaints:
Peoples Benefit Life customer
Cedar Rapids, IA 52499
Phone Number: 877-717-8858