Colorado’s landscape and weather both have one thing in common – they are so varied. Such weather conditions bring in unexpected storms, floods, landslides, rockslides and avalanches to name a few. Such inclement weather can spell disaster on your home. Hence home insurance for all home owners is a must. Home insurance policies in Colorado are of 2 main types –basic policies and broad policies.
1. Shop around – Never jump at the first policy that you come across. It is always wise to look for the various insurances available before going in for one. Get at least 3 policy quotes before finalizing. It is also prudent to go through an agent from a third party insurer who is more likely to give you an unbiased information.
2. Increased deductible – only if you need to go for an increased deductible. This is because, though it might seem less heavy due to the discounted prices, it is still going to be a liability especially when it comes to paying for the initial claim process.
3. Disaster proof your home – To avail better discounts, it is advisable to go for disaster proof constructions on your property. Also install efficient alarm systems in your house to make the insurers feel more secure of their investments in you.
4. Ask for discounts – Do not feel ashamed to question your insurer about their discount offers. Who knows you might qualify for one of them and end up paying 25% less than what you initially set aside. So be shrewd and ask for details before going in for a contract.
5. Credit rating – A good credit rating gives you an ace in savings. Insurers offer good discounts to those who have very good credit ratings. So encash it and pay less on your deductibles.
6. Combo offers – Some of the reputed insurance companies offer a combination of insurance policies at discounted rates. Availing these can get you at least 25% discount on your entire home insurance package. They also have brownie points for loyal customers.