New York is one of the most expensive places in the USA. The living costs here are very high and so are the driving costs. This spills over to getting insurance for your car as well. So how does one find cheap car insurance in New York?
1. Firstly, this year when your car insurance is up for renewal, decline the automatic renewal offer. Being insurer loyal does not get you any cost saving. On the contrary, it may include extra costs citing standard inflation. This season, many of the car insurance companies are offering great deals to acquire new customers. It is well worth to do some research and change your insurer during this tough economic time.
2. Shop online and ask for discounts. Price comparisons on the internet will open your eyes to so many offers and discounts. Get quotes from at least 3 companies and then zero in on the one that is offering you the best deal. Get him to offer discount on the final quote. It works.
3. If you are on a tight budget and really want a steep cut in your car insurance then you must increase your deductibles. This is the amount that you pay before the insurer reimburses in case of damage or theft of your property. This has an impact on your car loan rate too.
4. Taking good care of your car is directly proportional to reduced costs on insurance premiums.
5. Invest in safety features of your car so that the insurer knows that you are careful about your car not getting stolen. Also use a garage to park your car so the insurer knows that you are not exposing your vehicle to the danger of damage or theft.