There are various American car insurance companies, moreover there are several websites offering comparative quotes of various American car insurance companies, here we discuss few American car insurance companies of the major players:
1. American International Group, Inc (AIG) : world leaders in insurance and financial services, is the leading international insurance organization with operations in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. American International Group, Inc. (AIG) companies serve commercial, institutional and individual customers through the most extensive worldwide property-casualty and life insurance networks of any insurer. In addition, American International Group, Inc. (AIG) companies are leading providers of retirement services, financial services and asset management around the world.
2. Amica Was Built on the Power of Referrals : Since Amica began writing policies in 1907, there has been a steady and growing tradition of satisfied customers referring their family, friends, and business associates. Amica offers range of insurance policies Auto, Life, Home and umbrella. Amica has received several awards on customer satisfaction from JD power & Associates, Customer Service Champ in Business Week, A.M. Best Company rated it A++, Wards top 50 performers for five consecutive years, received the NCADD, Education and Prevention award for creating an effective prevention/education program resulting in the Rhode Island State legislature.
3. The Allstate Corporation : is the largest publicly held personal lines insurer in the United States. Allstate was founded in 1931 as part of Sears, Roebuck and Company. It has won several awards: Allstate was named one of the 100 Best Companies for Women of Color in 2004, Working Mothers magazine named Allstate a 2006 Working Mother 100 Best Company.
4. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company : State Farm Insurance Companies are a group of large US insurance and financial services companies started in 1922 by former farmer George J. Mecherle. The corporate headquarters is in Illinois. State Farm started as an automobile insurance company and now has expanded its services into other popular types of insurance, such as homeowners and life insurance, in addition to banking and financial services.
5. The Progressive Corporation (PGR) : The Progressive Corporation company was co-founded in 1937 by Jack Green and Joe Lewis and is headquartered in Mayfield Village, Ohio. It runs through its subsidiaries, provides personal automobile insurance, and other specialty property-casualty insurance and related services in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Personal Lines, Commercial Auto, and Other-indemnity. Progressive is the third-largest auto insurer in the United States, in terms of active policies, behind State Farm and Allstate and ahead of GEICO and Farmers. Progressive primarily offers its services under two brands: Progressive Direct® and Progressive Drive®.
6. The Government Employees Insurance Company : usually known by the acronym The Government Employees Insurance Company (GEICO), is an American auto insurance company. The Government Employees Insurance Company (GEICO) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway. The Government Employees Insurance Company (GEICO) was founded by Leo Goodwin and his wife Lillian Goodwin in 1936 to market auto insurance directly to federal government employees and their families. The Government Employees Insurance Company (GEICO) generally deals directly with consumers via the telephone and the Internet, freeing up capital that would otherwise be spent on employing insurance agents in the field and making the company the nation's largest direct writer of private auto insurance. The Government Employees Insurance Company (GEICO) does, however, market their products through a small number of field agents, most of whom are based near military bases.
7. Farmers Insurance Group : is a provider of insurance management services and a holding company. It was founded in Los Angeles, California in 1928 by Thomas E. Leavey and John C. Tyler. It is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Zurich Financial Services, Zurich, Switzerland.
Some of the other players in the insurance industry in america are: American Family Insurance, Auto-Owners Insurance, California Casualty Insurance, CapitalOne, CarInsurance.com, Electric Insurance Company, Esurance, Expatriate Insurance, Farm Bureau Insurance, Frankenmuth Mutual Insurance Company, GAINSCO Auto Insurance, GMAC Insurance, GuideOne, The Hartford , Hastings Mutual Insurance Company, Infinity Auto Insurance Company, Liberty Mutual, Nationwide Insurance, National Interstate, Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, OneBeacon Insurance Group, Pemco, Response Insurance , Safeco, Shelter Insurance Companies , The St. Paul Travelers Companies, Inc. , Unitrin Direct Auto Insurance, Wawanesa (California), Westfield Insurance. Exaustive!!! Isn’t It, most of them have their own webstes so check them to find out which website woud give you best deal.