What is an Improper Diet?
Improper diet is basically a diet that is not balanced and lacks the vital nutrients and vitamins which are probably a part of a proper diet.
- Nowadays, improper diet is directly related to the junk food and fast foods, which is more in vogue besides the palate tickling taste for the generation today.
- It is so because it contains more fat, sugar and salt than nutrients like minerals and vitamins required for proper functioning of body.
- This kind of unbalanced diet has short-term and long-term ailing effects on the body.
How Improper Diet Effects the Body:
- Our body requires certain exact quantities of minerals and vitamins for its proper functioning. Almost all the vitamins and minerals are generated and absorbed in the body by oxidation of the food we eat. But for this process at least our food should contain the required nutrients.
- Apart from for vitamins D and vitamins K, the others cannot be synthesized by the body. They are provided to the body through the food that we devour.
- A balanced diet that includes a variety of food items ensures a good supply of all the essential vitamins in our body. On the other hand when the diet lacks the vitamins required by our body, the diet is called improper and then needs to be compensated with vitamin supplements available, prescribed by a doctor.
- But these supplements cannot compare a balanced diet. It is best to avail all vitamins from dietary sources itself.
- Habitual improper diet that becomes part of routine ultimately deprives the body of certain vitamins and minerals and causes deficiency diseases. A vitamin deficiency may be apparent within few months so can be short term or it might take a many months or probably few years, for the deficiency to be apparent.
- Improper diet also leads to bowel problems. We can have good health only when the bowel is clean and functioning fine.
- Due to improper diet when the intestine is congested with stagnant wastes our whole body system is polluted. This is called auto-intoxication which means "self-poisoning" mainly due to improper diet. All the body organs are affected by this auto-intoxication.
Effects of Improper Diet Types:
- Vitamin A strengthens the immune system so deficiency leads to frequent and fatal illness.
- Vitamin A deficiency leads to a disease called night blindness.
- This problem leads to dry eyes because of the scarcity of moisture in the eye.
- Vitamin A deficiency also affects the digestive and respiratory system.
- Vitamin B deficiency affects the nervous system and so leadsto improper functioning of the brain. It also leads to trauma, irritation depression and other mental problems.
- Deficiency of vitamin B12 causes anemia.
- Vitamin C strengthens the immune system.
- Vitamin C deficiency very commonly causes scurvy that leads to swelling and bleeding of gums.
- Deficiency of vitamin C fragment bones inside joints and pain in the joints.
- Vitamin C is a very essential vitamin for healthy growth of skin and hair.
- Vitamin D deficiency causes rickets in children, which results in malformation bones.
- In adults it is called osteomalacia which leads to feeble muscles and bones.
- The deficiency of vitamin E damages the nerves and affects the synchronization of muscles.
- Vitamin E sometimes disables the person to walk or stand for a longer duration.
- Deficiency of Vitamin K results in excessive bleeding from wounds.
- Vitamin K is so because the blood is not able to coagulate.
Obesity is a daring evil resulting from the improper diet.
- Obesity is a bigger problem in developed nations as compared to the developing countries because of the more prevalent trend of the junk and the fast food in developed nations.
- Canned and preserved food adds to the growing problem of obesity.
- But our country is also showing the increasing obese individuals due to the improper diet of eating junk food resulting from the fast imitation or replication of western culture these days.
- After going through all kind of effects of the improper diet, the ultimate resultant is the poor stamina of the body which effects whole life since the childhood to the adult generation.
- Children lack stamina for their studies; sports and other curricular activities.
- Adults are also affected to carry on the daily life activities with healthy body and mind.
The poor and the developing nations of the world are more affected by the health problems due to deficiency caused by the improper diet. Vitamin deficiencies are rare in industrialized nations like The United States of America and The United Kingdom. The fortification of food in the countries to ensure that all the citizens get required amount of the essential vitamins. Primary foods items like milk, cereals and breads are enriched with vitamins and minerals to prevent deficiencies and to ensure healthy citizens of the country.