There are diverse spectrums of health fields of which a few are taken into consideration in this article.
Medical field is a booming industry nowadays. Careers in the medical field are multifarious. The need for people to take care of growing baby-boomer population in the United States has created a dearth of qualified medical professionals.
The largest deficit, albeit, lies in the field of registered nurses and physicians assistants. Register nurses are required all over the country in doctors' offices, clinics, hospitals, and other medical bodies.
Other careers in the medical field encompasses physical therapy, respiratory therapy, x-ray assistants, radiation services (CT, MRI), and other specialized medical genres. All of these career fields required proper training and thorough education specific to the area of expertise. People who opt for the medical field as a career can enjoy the remunerations that are well above the average.
Except the most entry level positions, such as CNAs, are generally paid a little more than minimum salary, those who select careers in the medical sector are paid well and can often earn much more than corporate executives. Many medical experts, particularly doctors and nursing staff, will often be required to put extra hours than the average professionals. These are demanding jobs and require an individual with the physical and emotional prudence to tackle the several ups and downs that come with entering into this medicine domain.
This terminology is used for the identification of a situation that deviates from the distortion of the brain and the lack of a psychological ailment of any sort. Ranging from the viewpoint of the presence of an optimistic mental health to a plausible theory, it encompasses the capability of a person to derive pleasure from the diverse activities in life and strike a balance amongst them and various attempts involved in the achievement of the flexible mind.
Its history can be dated back to the eighth century when the concept of positive holistic health was put forth by a medical practitioner linked to the religion of Islam.
Positive psychological status is deemed as a valued faculty which shows the possibility of maintaining an emotional welfare and the capacity of leading the life up to the fullest.
There are numerous researches that have been conducted and are still ongoing in this field. These researches envisage various purposes covering a broad landscape of areas. In the present times, it is proving to be a suitable career choice for several individuals. The practitioners are defined as the psychologists or psychiatrists based on their area of specialization. It has several sub categories that take into account the various models.
Health care field
The health care sector is an ongoing and growing field with opportunities on almost every level of expertise. As it stands now, the US has a severe and increasing need for over 200,000 health care experts and that due to certain factors the number could be raising.
- One is that our country is getting older and the older one gets, the more health related complications arises and they need more health care.
- The second is that we are getting more health conscious. When we feel something not right we ensure that a professional should get hired to make it right and get us back on the right track.
With the government taking more interest in health care that will generate more health care jobs and opens the door for the following three major health care jobs;
- Registered Nurse - A RN get an average of almost 60,000 per annum and the education required to become an RN is not flagrant.
- Dental Assistant - Although a dental assistant earns almost half of an RN at an average of 31,000 the education backgrounds are quite less as well.
- Health Information Technicians – After earning an Associates degree, one can grab a job as a medical records technician and earn about 29,000 a year with little stress.
So, if you are looking for nice earning and job security, you may wish to consider a job in the health care sector.
Nutrition is also a major portion of our diet and subsequent health. There are a few tips that could help you maintain balance nutrition in your daily diet.
- Hydrate yourself. Ensure to drink a lot of water, at least seven to eight glasses a day to keep yourself healthy.
- Drink moderate coffee. Coffee, a stimulant, is considered to cause dehydration but when taken in moderate amounts, can help increase alertness.
- Avoid too much energy drinks. Recently, it has been surveyed that showed energy drinks containing cocaine, can be addictive and at the same time, they are containing different chemicals that are harmful to your body.
- Eat, when hungry. Skipping a meal isn't safe. You need to stay alert so, better follow a right diet, eating quality food, to keep yourself fit.
- Avoid drinking soda, tea and juice tea. These drinks cause dehydration. So, it is better if you rely on water and sports drinks.
- Go for foods rich in carbohydrates, vitamins, proteins and minerals. These foods will help you stay fit and healthy.
- Avoid eating foods having artificial ingredients. Never go for processed food like bacon and hotdog as they contain no nutrition.
- Always eat fresh foods. The fresher they are the healthy it is.
- Go for vegetable juices. Vegetables are good for your body as they provide sufficient vitamins and minerals to improve and boost your immune system.
- Eat enough protein. Foods rich in high-quality protein are fish, egg whites and beans. Avoid eating simple or refined carbohydrates like sugar and flour.
- Spread your meals throughout the day. It's advisable to eat small meals five to six times a day to boost your metabolism and enhance your strength.
- Keep healthy foods with you, especially when you're out your house. Instead of going for outside food, pack homemade healthy snacks like fruit and granola bars for yourself.
A healthy life is a key to happiness and more and more people are now accepting this fact. Whereas earlier, health was often second or third among the priorities of many people, there is now an increasing awareness of the necessity of healthy living.
Still, despite the increasingly endless formulas being floated today to achieve a healthy life from different diet programs here are still a number of people experiencing chronic diseases like cancer and heart diseases.
The Misconception About Health
One of the biggest reasons behind the health problems curbing the world today despite the continuous awareness for a healthy living is the distorted perception that many people has generated about health.
Concept 1: Less weight is the sign of good health. Because of this, many people believe that a healthy life can only be acquired by shedding extra pounds and getting a good shapely body.
Truth: Weight loss and good body shape are only portions of healthy living. Good health involves a lot more, a development not just of the body but also of the mind and other aspects of a person's life.
Concept 2: Good health can be achieved in a short span. There are diet programs and health pills that guarantee good effects in a matter of a few days.
Truth: Good health is best achieved slowly but steadily. Good health is not miracle; you can't expect it to happen overnight. Restrict yourself to eat healthy meals. Refrain from unhealthy foods. Exercise regularly. Slowly but without fail, you'll wake up one fine day living a healthy life.
Concept 3: Going artificial is the simplest way to acquire good health. Health pills, tablets, capsules, all promises an easier way to getting healthy.
Truth: The best way to stay healthy is to go natural. Nothing beats eating raw foods and natural gifts like fruits and vegetables, including exercise, to achieving good health.
These three fundamental concepts about health should always be your guide to lead a healthy living.
Occupational therapy (OT) is a type of skilled treatment that enables individuals achieves freedom in all spheres of their lives.
OT services typically include:
- Customized treatment programs to enhance one's ability to perform daily routine work.
- Substantial home and job site evaluations with suitable recommendations
- Performance skills evaluations and treatment
- Adaptive gadgets recommendations and usage training
- Guidance to family and caretakers
Occupational Therapy in fact deals with enhancing fine skills like writing, cutting, and using utensils. For adults recuperating from an accident or illness, it may include work-related skills; for children, it will focus more extensively on developmental skills required for playground and academic participations. Occupational therapists working with children generally use techniques that may appear like play, but are tailored to target areas of delay and problem.