Hair is made up of a keratin protein that is produced in hair follicles in the outer layer of skin. The hair grows all over on the human skin except palms of hands and the soles of feet. The follicle means mammalian skin organ, which is used in the growth of hair and also generate new hair cells. Every follicle has its own life cycle that can be changed by age, disease and wide variety of other factors.
In fact the hair is a string of dead keratin cells and maximum number of adult head had about 100,000 to 150,000 hairs and hair fall up to 100 of them in a day. Hair loss is also called as Alopecia, is a loss of hair from head. About 90% of the hair on a human’s scalp is growing at any time.
The life cycle of follicle is divided into three phases, those are:
At the end of the resting phase the hair is replaced by new hair and again the growing cycle will start. Hair growth will become slow by depending on their age. There are different kinds of hair loss:
1. Involutional alopecia : It is a natural condition, in which the hair is gradually becomes thin with age. When follicles go into the hidden phase and the rest of hair becomes shorter and less in number.
2. Androgenic alopecia : It is a genetic condition that can affect both men and women. When men suffered with this condition is called male pattern baldness. In this stage the hair fall can begin as early as in their teenage. Men experience a common thinning and gradual disappearance over the frontal scalp and crown. When women suffered with this condition is called female pattern baldness. It is characterized by a receding hairline over the entire scalp, with the huge hair loss at the crown.
3. Alopecia areata : Usually children and young adults are affected by this condition and causes patchy hair loss in children and young adults. In some cases this condition may cause complete baldness (alopecia totalis). But 90% of people who suffered with this condition, their hair returns within a short period of time.
4. Alopecia universalis : It causes throughout the body hair to fall out, along with the eyebrows, eyelashes, and pubic hair.
5. Trichotillomania : It is an impulse control disorder that seen most frequently in children. In which a person pulls out one's own hair.
The common reasons that tend for an hair fall in Men as well as Women would be lack of Nutrients, stress and hormonal changes. The best way to get rid of hair Fall would be to protect hair from chemicals, head massage to strengthen the roots of hair with oil and healthy diet that transfers required nutrients to the hair. Hair loss can also be caused by heavy usage of drugs to treat different types of diseases like Cancer, Arthritis, Depression, Heart problems and High blood pressure. Lack of moisture in the hair can causes dry hair, hence to overcome this problem use a deep conditioner after you wash your hair. Better to use shampoos that are mild and especially labeled for dry or damaged hair. Mayonnaise is an excellent natural conditioner. You can leave it for 15-20 minutes before washing it out.
Egg is one of the best home remedy for hair fall control. Egg contains huge minerals and proteins. Apply total hair and scalp with the mixture of a teaspoon of olive oil and white of one egg for 20 minutes. After that wash hair with cool water and shampoo. By following this method regularly we can control hair fall.
Onion juice and honey mixture work very efficiently to grow hair. Sulfur helps to improve blood circulation to the hair follicles these are very huge in Onions.
Below are the steps to grow your hair and control hair fall by using onions
Amla is very good to use who losing hair with stress, it contain vitamin c and antioxidants.
Below are the steps to follow to use Amla for remedy
Take coconut milk and mix it with little water and apply to hair and allow it to dry all the night. Next morning you can wash your hair. This coconut milk is very natural product, which controls oiliness in scalp and helps the hair to grow.
Drinking Lot of Water
Hydrated plays crucial role in tissue growth and health. Drink the water a lot and you will stay hydrated.
By boiling curry leaves in hair oil we can make effective hair remedy and apply on scalp. Apply hair massage for 15 to 20 minutes and follow this process weekly twice for better hair growth.
Take fresh chopped coriander leaves with water and make it paste. Apply this paste on hair and scalp for 60 minutes. Make it dry for an hour and then wash your hair. This method controls hair fall.
Now a day’s more people are changing towards Ayurveda for their hair loss. Hair loss can be embarrassing and it makes them to be self esteem and lose the confidence of hair growth again. Before it gets to late treat early hair loss can be prevented or even we can stop it completely.
Ayurveda trusts that hair fall has a very close bond to the movements of body type and also it controls the standardization of your mind-body structure. It considers the hair can be used as a byproduct for the formation of bones. It is because of that the tissues which are mainly response for the formation of bones are having the responsible for growth of your hair. In ayurveda the problem of Hair fall is treated as pitta dosha and if pitta dosha exceeds more in your body then it will cause to hair problems. Getting treatment of Ayurvedic hair loss are known that what type of measures should take effectiveness. Generally when the treatment of hair loss starts in Ayurvedic it also includes a severe diet, meditation, yoga, and yes, we don’t have to forget to take a medicated herbal oil massage daily.
Ayurvedic Dietary Recomendations for Hair Loss Treatment :
As the problem is confirmed as pitta dosha for the hair fall, then you need to take care of your eating habits that are mainly caused to the increase of pitta in your body.
In your body Pitta is mainly increased by excess taking of tea, coffee, alcohol, meats and excessive smoking. It is also provoked by taking of too much fried, oily, greasy, spicy, sour, and acidic foods.
1) Aloe vera : Take aloe vera juice daily with 1/3rd of the cup . Else, you can take aloe vera gel of 1 tbsp daily with a pinch of cumin thrice for 3 months to control hair fall.
2) Drink fresh fruit juices such as carrot, alfalfa, lettuce and spinach for making the betterment in hair growth.
3) Sesame seeds : Take sesame seeds every day early in the morning which is full of magnesium and calcium will be a help for the source of hair growth. They show a great effect on the hair loss checkers.
4) Yoghurt : Taking of yoghurt each other will shows the maximum reduction of hair fall to a great extent. As many of them trusts that using of this will show a great effects on hair related problems.
5) Green leafy vegetables and fruits : Dont underestimate vegetables and fruits for preventing of hair fall, as they have high fiber and proteins which are useful in preventing hair fall.
6) Vitamin C, vitamin B-complex, zinc, sulphur and some important fatty acids are very important to make the roots of your hair strong. You can find these nutrients in sprouts, yeast, buttermilk, nuts, milk, soy beans and whole grains. Combining and maintaining of all these in your diet and you can easily observe the reduce of your hair fall in a few months.
7) Drink plenty of water. You do need to flush out the toxins that have accumulated in your body and drinking water is the best of doing it.
8) Alcohols and other alcholic drinks are hostility with good hair, better to keep avoid it.
There are lot of reasons beyond hair fall, here are some tips that lead to control hair fall in winter, which are :
Doing inverted asanas in yoga will help you better reduction of hair loss such as Sarvangasana which leads the gravity in the reverse direction of the body can prevent the hair loss problems. They stimulate the flow of blood to the head. Make sure you pratice such asanas under the guidance of a yoga teacher. What you must additionally do is practice deep breathing exercises to control stress, anxiety and keep your mind balanced.
Bhringaraaja : who is also called as king of the hair, leads hair growth on the head and it suddenly stops and completely turns into balding and premature graying. It helps to calm the mind promoting sound sleep.He has (Eclipta prostrata) taken an oil named Bhringraj oil which is applied on the body internally and used externally for an excellent rejuvenator
Brahmi : This hair pack is almost present in every Indian department stores and it can be used with curd and mixed up to use an excellent hair pack.
Amla : Indian gooseberry is contained with full of Vitamin C and it is loaded with antioxidants which is packed completely. It can be available in powder and using it with mixing of henna, combining of brahmi powders and curd will get a great hair pack.
Neem : it is a natural treatment which fights against dandruff and lice and also has a extra quality of blood purifying abilities. This neem can be used in powder with a combination of coconut oil or with curd to massage scalp.
Ritha : These soaps are made of naturally with soap nuts that are mainly used for cleaning hair without losing off the natural oils. Using this in powder can try to use as massage scalp and also we can use it wash off regularly .
Ashwagandha : weakened immune system is one of the fators for hair loss.Ashwagandha makes you feel energized and healthier.Using this product will leads to the decreasing of stress levels, and increases vigor and helps to retain the growth of the lost hair.
Medicated Herbal Oils and Massage: There are many oils available in the market for the problem to prevent hair fall - coconut oil, amla oil, brahmi oil, arnica oil or mustard oil. Honey can also be used to stimulate growth in hair follicles. Apple cidar vinegar can also be used for fast hair growth.
One of the main causes for hair loss is unhealthy diet but not due to external factors such as dandruff or exposure of hair to sun.When people prevent their body of vital nutrients, which are needed normally for hair growth, as a result they suffer from hair fall. If you are not take care of your hair for longtime, you may face baldness.Best ways to control hair loss can be achieved by eating healthy diet and nutrition rich food.
Here are the few essential diet tips
Vitamin B-Complex : This are essential to help haemoglobin supply oxygen to the scalp and hair follicles.The more oxygen helps to growth of hair and healthy mane. The deficiency of vitamin b-complex in your body may lead to weak, undernourished and cause damage to your hair.
food to eat:
Zinc : The scalp in your body contains oil glands which needsto function well to produce enough oil but lack of this may lead dry scalp, dandruff, as result hair loss occurs.
food to eat:
Copper:We need hemoglobin to supply sufficient oxygen and blood for different organs of the body by including hair. By the help of Copper haemoglobin can be reproduced. But deficiency of copper in our body may lead weak, delicate hair that can lead to temporary hair loss.
food to eat:
Iron : Iron is very essential for both men and women but in the case of woman as they lose out blood and iron during their menses. Women during pregnancy and lactation need a high dosage of iron to produce hemoglobin. But deficiency of iron in the body weaken your hair right form the roots which may cause hair loss. If you lose more strands each day is the sign of hair fall out. After delivery also you should take balanced diet that includes fruits and vegetables and avoid stress to control hair fall.
food to eat:
Vitamin C : It is important that collagen has to be produced for holding hair tissues together. By insufficiency of Vitamin C in your body may lead to breakage of hair, hair loss and brittle hair. People who smoke need more amounts of Vitamin C in your body, therefore you need to smoke less and eat more nutrition food.
food to eat :
Protein : It is very essential nutrientneeded for building blocks of every cell in our body by including hair. Therefore, protein plays vital role in the body. A protein helps to produce new hair which replaces lost hair. By insufficiency of protein in your body may lead to thinning of hair, brittle hair and as a result hair fall out. Therefore we need to eat nutrients high food instead of depending on just shampoos and serums.
food to eat:
Skin Diseases can also cause Hair Loss :