H1N1 Swine Flu Symptoms
What Are H1N1 Swine Flu Symptoms?
H1N1 swine flu symptoms are similar to regular flu symptoms which include:
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Body ache
Diarrhea and vomiting can also happen to some people with swine flu. But though symptoms are visible, still it cannot be diagnosed by mere symptoms as these symptoms can happen for many other diseases also. A rapid flu test can be done, but the accuracy of the test depends on the quality of manufacturer, the sample collected from patient and also the amount of virus present in the sample.
Besides the above listed symptoms, there may be few neurologic symptoms seen in children. These can also occur in case of seasonal flu. Though very rare, these cases can be fatal and severe.
H1N1 Swine Flu Symptoms Include
- cognitive and behavioral changes
Though it is unclear as to why such symptoms occur but it is speculated that children who are treated with Aspirin for a viral infection may develop Reye’s syndrome. Reye’s syndrome is the root cause for certain neurologic disorders.
Certain category of people like children younger than 5, adults older than 65 years and pregnant women are at higher risk of infection related complications.
H1N1 Swine Flu Symptoms Other Risk Groups
- People with neurological disorder including stroke
- People with COPD or other chronic lung disorder
- People with asthma
- People with heart disease
- People with blood disorders
- People with intellectual disability
- People with kidney disorder
- People with weakened immune system like H1V infected or cancer infected
- Liver disorder
- People under 19 who have undergone long term aspirin therapy
There are some warning signs, following which there should be immediate test and treatment. These warning symptoms are:
H1N1 Swine Flu Symptoms In Children:
- Rapid breathing or trouble breathing
- Fever with rash
- Less intake of fluids
- Less interaction than normal
- Flu like symptoms with recurrent fever and cough
- Bluish skin color
- Irritable and mood fluctuations
H1N1 Swine Flu Symptoms In Adults
- Trouble breathing
- Pain in chest/abdominal area
- Flu like symptoms with recurrent fever and severe cough
- Vomiting with is severe or persistent