Important Information about Zyrtec Drug
- Zyrtec is an antihistamine that decreases the natural chemical histamine in the body.
- Zyrtec is used to avoid or treat symptoms of hay fever.
- Zyrtec can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions.
- You should not use zyrtec if you are allergic to cetirizine.
Serious side effects:
- Fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeat;
- Weakness, tremors (uncontrolled shaking), or sleep problems (insomnia);
- Severe restless feeling, hyperactivity;
- Problems with vision; or
- Urinating less than usual or not at all.
Less serious Zyrtec side effects may include:
- Dizziness, drowsiness;
- Tired feeling;
- Dry mouth;
- Sore throat, cough;
- Nausea, constipation; or