Important Information about Zyprexa
- Its generic name is olanzapine.
- It is an antipsychotic drug. No one knows how it will work exactly. But, many says that it will work by changing some actions of some chemicals in the brain.
- It is not used in the condition of dementia which may cause high blood pressure.
- It must be stored at room temperature and keep away from the moisture.
- Inform to your doctor in advance if you have any history of breast cancer, trouble swallowing, heart attacks etc.
Side Effects of Zyprexa are:
- fever, stiff muscles, sweating, fast or uneven heartbeats
- jerky muscle movements you cannot control
- sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body
- sudden headache, confusion, problems with vision, speech, or balance
- increased thirst, frequent urination, excessive hunger, or weakness
- feeling light-headed, fainting
- unusual thoughts or behavior, hallucinations, or thoughts about hurting yourself
- Nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice.
Less serious Zyprexa side effects may include:
- dizziness, drowsiness, or weakness
- dry mouth
- swelling in your hands or feet
- back pain
- weight gain, increased appetite
- Upset stomach.