Important Information about Zolosoft Drug
- Zoloft is an antidepressant in a group of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (ssris).
- The generic name of zolosoft is sertraline.
- Zoloft is used to treat depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Zolosoft side effects are very stiff (rigid) muscles, high fever, sweating.
Serious side effects of Zoloft:
- Very stiff (rigid) muscles, high fever, sweating, fast or uneven heartbeats, tremors, overactive reflexes;
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, feeling unsteady, loss of coordination; or
- Headache, trouble concentrating, memory problems, weakness, confusion, hallucinations, fainting, seizure, shallow breathing or breathing that stops.
Less serious Zoloft side effects may include:
- Drowsiness, dizziness, tired feeling;
- Mild nausea, stomach pain, upset stomach, constipation;
- Dry mouth;
- Changes in appetite or weight;
- Sleep problems (insomnia); or
- Decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.