Important Information about Xopenex Drug
- Xopenex is a bronchodilator. Xopenex works by relaxing muscles in the airways to improve breathing.
- The generic name of xopenex is levalbuterol.
- Before taking xopenex tell your doctor if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, a seizure disorder, diabetes, an overactive thyroid.
Xopenex serious side effects are:
- An allergic reaction.
- Worsening of respiratory symptoms (shortness of breath, wheezing)
- Chest pain or irregular heartbeats.
Xopenex less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to use xopenex and talk to your doctor if you experience following:
- Tremor or nervousness
- Cough or runny nose
- Upset stomach
- Leg cramps.