Important Information about Xeloda Drug
- Xeloda is a cancer (chemotherapeutic) medication.
- The generic name of xeloda is capecitabine.
- Consult doctor and take xeloda if you have history of heart, liver and kidney disease.
- Xeloda side effects are an allergic reaction, diarrhea, vomiting.
Serious side effects of Xeloda are:
- An allergic reaction (shortness of breath; closing of your throat; difficulty breathing; swelling of your lips, face, or tongue; or hives);
- Diarrhea (more than 4 bowel movements each day or any diarrhea at night);
- Vomiting (more than once in 24 hours);
- Nausea or a loss of appetite (if the amount of food you eat each day is much less than usual or if you are only able to eat at certain times);
- Fever (temperature greater than 100.5 degrees) or other signs of infection;
- Tingling, numbness, pain, swelling, or redness of the hands and/or feet (hand-and-foot syndrome); or
- Pain, redness, swelling, or sores in or around the mouth.
Less serious side effects of Xeloda are:
- A rash or dry or itchy skin;
- Sleeplessness; or
- Eye irritation.