Important Information about Vytorin
- Its generic name is ezetimibe and simvastatin.
- It reduces the cholesterol which is produced in the body.
- It lowers the bad cholesterol called low-density lipoprotein and increases the good cholesterol called high-density lipoprotein.
- If you have some liver disease or pregnant or breast-feeding, tell your doctor before taking this drug.
- It must be stored at room temperature and away from the moisture.
- Muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness with fever or flu symptoms and dark colored urine
- Nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, itching, dark urine, clay-colored stools, and jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
- Pancreatitis (severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, fast heart rate).
- Easy bruising or bleeding
- Blurred vision.
Less serious Vytorin side effects may include:
- Numbness or tingly feeling
- Headache, dizziness, memory problems
- Depressed mood
- Constipation, diarrhea
- Cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose
- Joint pain, back pain
- Sleep problems.