Important Information about Valtrex
- Its generic name is valacyclovir.
- It is an antiviral drug which reduces the symptoms of herpes virus. It will not cure entire herpes, but it lowers the growth of symptoms in the body.
- It must be stored at room temperature and keep away from moisture.
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to valacyclovir or acyclovir, if you had bone marrow transplant.
Side Effects of Valtrex are:
- fever, easy bruising or bleeding
- Red spots on the skin.
- bloody diarrhea, vomiting
- pale or yellowed skin
- weakness or fainting
- Urinating less than usual or not at all.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these other serious side effects:
- Pain in your lower back.
- Drowsiness, mood changes, increased thirst, loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting.
- Swelling, weight gain, feeling short of breath.
- Confusion, agitation, aggression, hallucinations, trouble concentrating.
- Feeling shaky or unsteady.
- Problems with speech or vision.