Important Information about Trinessa Drug
- The generic name of trinessa is ethinyl estradiol and norgestimate.
- Ethinyl estradiol and norgestimate contains a combination of female hormones that prevent ovulation.
- Do not use this medication if you are pregnant or if you have recently had a baby.
- Side effects like sudden numbness, sudden headache, chest pain, nausea, stomach pain may occur due to the use of trinessa.
Serious side effects of Trinessa are:
- Sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;
- Sudden headache, confusion, problems with vision, speech, or balance;
- Chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling;
- A change in the pattern or severity of migraine headaches;
- Nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- Swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet; or
- Symptoms of depression (sleep problems, weakness, mood changes).
Less serious side effects may include:
- Mild nausea, vomiting, bloating, stomach cramps;
- Breast pain, tenderness, or swelling;
- Freckles or darkening of facial skin;
- Increased hair growth, loss of scalp hair;
- Changes in weight or appetite;
- Problems with contact lenses;
- Vaginal itching or discharge;
- Changes in your menstrual periods; or
- Headache, nervousness, dizziness, tired feeling.