Important Information about Topamax
- Its generic name is topiramate.
- It is used to avoid seizers in the adults as well as children who are at least 2 years old.
- It is also used to prevent the migraine headaches. It should not be used if the headache as already begun.
- It should be stored at room temperature and away from the moisture.
- Better not to take this drug if you are allergic to topiramate, if you have liver diseases, kidney problems.
Side Effects of Topamax are:
- Sudden vision loss, pain around or behind your eyes
- Dry mouth, increased thirst, confusion, drowsiness, decreased sweating, increased body temperature, and hot, dry skin
- Nausea, vomiting, increased urination, muscle pain or weakness, fast heart rate, feeling light-headed, fainting, or seizure
- Severe pain in your side or lower back, painful or difficult urination.
Less serious Topamax side effects may include:
- Slowed thinking, memory problems, trouble concentrating
- Problems with speech or balance
- Numbness or tingling
- Sleep problems
- Tired feeling
- Headache, dizziness
- Loss of appetite, weight loss.