Important Information about Thalomid Drug
- Thalomid helps promote immune responses to prevent inflammation in the body.
- The generic name of thalomid is thalidomide.
- Say to doctor if you have experience with liver, kidney and heart disease.
- Thalomid side effects are chest pain, sudden shortness of breath, slow heartbeats, shallow breathing.
Serious side effects of Thalomid are:
- Chest pain, sudden shortness of breath, coughing up blood;
- Pain or swelling in your arm, thigh, or calf;
- Easy bruising, unusual bleeding or weakness;
- Slow heartbeats, shallow breathing;
- Feeling light-headed, fainting;
- Fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- A red, blistering, peeling skin rash;
- Red, raised skin rash (especially if you also have fever, fast heart rate, and dizziness or fainting);
- Numbness, burning, pain, or tingly feeling; or
- Seizure (convulsions).
Other less serious side effects are more likely to occur, such as:
- Feeling drowsy or sleepy;
- Anxiety, confusion, tremors or shaking;
- Bone pain, muscle weakness;
- Sleep problems (insomnia); or
- Nausea, constipation, loss of appetite.