Important Information about Tarceva Drug
- Tarceva is a cancer chemotherapy medication used in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer.
- The generic name of tarceva is erlotinib.
- Before taking tarceva consult doctor if you have liver disease, lung or breathing problems.
Tarceva serious side effects are:
- An allergic reaction (including difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives)
- Lung problems (difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, increased coughing, fever, or chest pain)
- Severe or persistent nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, or diarrhea; or
- Eye pain or irritation.
Tarceva less serious side effects are:
- Mild to moderate nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, or diarrhea
- Skin rash, dryness, itching, or acne