Important Information about Sustiva Drug
- Sustiva is an antiviral medication that prevents human immunodeficiency virus (hiv) cells from multiplying in your body.
- The generic name of sustiva is efavirenz.
- After taking sustiva if you have serious side effects like fever, soar throat, headache.
Serious side effects:
- Fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;
- Nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- Fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms; or
- Any other signs of new infection.
Less serious Sustiva side effects may include:
- Mild nausea, vomiting, or stomach pain, diarrhea or constipation;
- Blurred vision;
- Headache, dizziness, tired feeling;
- Trouble concentrating, problems with balance or coordination;
- Muscle or joint pain;
- Sleep problems (insomnia), unusual dreams; or
- Changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and waist).