Important Information about Suboxone Drug
- Buprenorphine is an opioid medication.
- The generic name of suboxone is buprenorphine and naloxone.
- Do not use suboxone if you are allergic to buprenorphine, nalaxone. Tell to doctor if you have lung, kidney and liver problems.
Suboxone serious side effects are:
- An allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat, swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; or hives)
- Slow breathing
- Dizziness or confusion
- Liver problems such as yellowing of the skin or eyes, dark colored urine, light colored stools (bowel movements), decreased appetite for several days or longer, nausea, or lower stomach pain.
Suboxone less serious side effects are:
- Problems sleeping
- Stomach pain