Most Important Information About Singulair?
- Its generic name is montelukast.
- Singulair is leukotriene which is a chemical released when you breathe in a pollen area. These chemicals may result in the swelling in lungs and tighten the muscles which lead to asthma.
- Singulair is used to prevent from the asthma attacks.
- Tell your doctor if there is any behavior changes, anxiety, depression, or thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself.
- It must be stored at room temperature and away from the moisture.
Side Effects of Singulair are:
- Skin rash, bruising, severe tingling, numbness, pain, muscle weakness
- Mood or behavior changes, anxiety, depression, or thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself
- Ttremors or shaking;
- Severe sinus pain, swelling, or irritation
- Worsening asthma symptoms.
Less serious Singulair side effects may include:
- Stomach pain, heartburn, upset stomach, nausea, diarrhea
- Tooth pain
- Tired feeling
- Fever, stuffy nose, sore throat, cough, hoarseness;
- Mild rash.