Important Information about Risperdal
- Its generic name is risperidone.
- It is an atypical antipsychotic, used in the treatment of schizophrenia and symptoms of bipolar disorder and autistic children, in the treatment of irritability.
- It must be stored at room temperature and away from the moisture.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this drug and do not use this drug to children without doctor’s advice.
- Tell your doctor in advance if you have any liver diseases or previous heart attacks etc.
Risperdal Side Effects are:
- fever, stiff muscles, confusion, sweating, fast or uneven heartbeats
- restless muscle movements in your eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck
- trouble swallowing
- Feeling light-headed, fainting.
Less serious Risperdal side effects may include:
- Mild restlessness, drowsiness, or tremor.
- Sleepiness, dreaming more than usual.
- Blurred vision.
- dizziness or headache
- Weight gain.
- Problems with urination.
- Nausea, dry mouth, constipation.
- Decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.