Important Information about Renagel Drug
- Renagel is used to reduce blood levels of phosphorus in people with chronic kidney disease who are on dialysis.
- The generic name of renagel is sevelamer.
- Before taking renagel tell your doctor if you have trouble swallowing, severe constipation, and a digestive disorder of your stomach or intestines.
Renagel serious side effect such as:
- Severe stomach pain or constipation
- Fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms
- Feeling like you might pass out
- Sudden numbness or weakness anywhere in your body
- Wheezing, chest tightness, trouble breathing.
Less serious side effects may include:
- Nausea, vomiting, upset stomach
- Diarrhea, constipation, gas
- Cough, sore throat
- Arm or leg pain