Important Information about Procrit Drug
- Procrit is a man-made form of a protein that helps your body produce red blood cells.
- The generic name of procrit is epoetin alfa.
- Before taking procrit tell your doctor if you have heart, kidney or liver disease.
Procrit serious side effects are:
- Feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion.
- Swelling of your ankles or feet
- Increased blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, trouble concentrating, chest pain, numbness)
- Feeling light-headed, fainting
- Seizure (black-out or convulsions).
Procrit less serious side effects may include:
- Dizziness, mild headache
- Fever, sore throat, body aches, flu symptoms
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation
- Pain or tenderness where you injected the medication.