Important Information about Pegasys Drug
- Pegasys is prepared from human proteins that help out the body to fight with viral infections.
- The generic name of pegasys is peg interferon alfa-2a.
- The person is not supposed to take pegasys if he have autoimmune hepatitis, liver failure, a hemoglobin blood cell disorder and pregnant.
- Pegasys side effects are confusion, severe depression, unusual anxiety, aggression, sudden numbness.
Serious side effects of Pegasys are:
- confusion, severe depression, thoughts of hurting yourself or others;
- unusual anxiety, aggression, or unusual thoughts or behaviors;
- sudden numbness, weakness, or loss of balance or coordination;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- easy bruising or bleeding;
- worsening of psoriasis;
- chest pain, uneven heartbeats, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling;
- cough, stabbing chest pain, feeling short of breath;
- severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, fast heart rate;
- blurred vision, headache or pain behind your eyes; or
- fever with severe stomach pain and bloody diarrhea.
Less serious Pegasys side effects may include:
- increased hunger, thirst, or urination;
- feeling mildly anxious or irritable;
- headache, muscle or joint pain;
- nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, loss of appetite;
- hair loss, weight loss;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- skin itching; or
- pain, redness, swelling, or irritation where the medicine was injected.