Important Information about Ortho Evra Drug
- Ortho evra is a contraceptive skin patch containing a combination of female hormones.
- Ortho evra is used as contraception to prevent pregnancy.
- Do not use ortho evra if you are pregnant.
- Side effects like sudden numbness or weakness, headache, confusion, a breast lump may occur due to the use of ortho evra.
Ortho Evra serious side effects are:
- Sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;
- Sudden headache, confusion, pain behind the eyes, problems with vision, speech, or balance;
- Chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling;
- A change in the pattern or severity of migraine headaches;
- Stomach pain, loss of appetite, dark urine, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- Swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet;
- A breast lump; or
- Symptoms of depression (sleep problems, weakness, mood changes).
Less serious Ortho Evra side effects:
- Mild nausea, vomiting, bloating, stomach cramps;
- Breast pain, tenderness, or swelling;
- Freckles or darkening of facial skin;
- Increased hair growth, loss of scalp hair;
- Changes in weight or appetite;
- Problems with contact lenses;
- Vaginal itching or discharge;
- Changes in your menstrual periods, decreased sex drive; or
- Headache, nervousness, dizziness, tired feeling.