Important Information about Norvir Drug
- Norvir is an antiviral medication in a group of hiv medicines called protease (pro-tee-ayz) inhibitors.
- The generic name of norvir is ritonavir.
- Tell to doctor if you have liver disease, diabetes, a bleeding disorder, high cholesterol.
Norvir serious side effects are:
- Fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash
- Increased urination or extreme thirst
- Easy bruising or bleeding
- Signs of a new infection, such as fever or chills, cough, or flu symptoms
- Severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, fast heart rate
- Low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Norvir less serious side effects are:
- Mild nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain
- Numbness or tingling, especially around your mouth
- Headache, mood changes
- Changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and waist).