Important Information about Mirapex Drug
- Mirapex is used to treat symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, such as stiffness, tremors, muscle spasms.
- The generic name of mirapex is pramipexole.
- Before using mirapex tell to doctor if you are allergic to any drugs or if you have narcolepsy (a sleep disorder), kidney disease, tremors or uncontrolled muscle movements.
Mirapex serious side effects are:
- Extreme drowsiness, falling asleep suddenly, even after feeling alert
- Fever, stiff muscles, confusion, sweating, fast or uneven heartbeats
- Nausea, sweating, feeling light-headed, fainting
- Restless muscle movements in your eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck.
Less serious Mirapex side effects may include:
- Constipation, upset stomach, loss of appetite
- Dry mouth, trouble swallowing
- Urinating more often than usual
- Mild drowsiness or sleepiness
- Sleep problems (insomnia), unusual dreams
- Amnesia, forgetfulness, thinking problems
- Headache, confusion, weakness
- Blurred vision
- Joint pain, muscle weakness
- Swelling in your hands or feet
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Weight loss
- Impotence, loss of interest in sex, or trouble having an orgasm.