Important Information about Maxalt mlt Drug
- Maxalt is a headache medicine.
- The generic name of maxalt is rizatriptan.
- You should not use maxalt if you have history of heart disease, blood pressure.
- Side effects like chest pain, sudden numbness, headache may occur due to use of maxalt.
Serious side effects of Maxalt:
- Chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, general ill feeling;
- Sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;
- Sudden headache, confusion, problems with vision, speech, or balance;
- Sudden and severe stomach pain and bloody diarrhea;
- Numbness or tingling and a pale or blue-colored appearance in your fingers or toes; or
- (If you are also taking an antidepressant) - Agitation, high fever, sweating, fast or pounding heartbeats, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of balance or coordination, overactive reflexes, hallucinations, fainting.
Less serious Maxalt side effects may include:
- Dry mouth, mild nausea;
- Feeling of pain or tightness in your jaw, neck, or throat;
- Pressure or heavy feeling in any part of your body;
- Dizziness, drowsiness, weakness; or
- Mild tingly feeling.