Important Information about Marinol Drug
- The generic name of marinol is dronabinol.
- Dronabinol is a man-made form of cannabis.
- Central nervous system will get affected by dronabinol.
- Dronabinol should be placed in a secure place.
- Do not take marinol in larger amounts.
- Side effects like seizure, paranoia, extreme fear, fast heart rate may occur due to use of marinol.
Serious side effects of Marinol are:
- Seizure (convulsions);
- Paranoia, extreme fear;
- Fast heart rate;
- Feeling light-headed, fainting; or
- Unusual thoughts or behavior.
Less serious side effects of Marinol are:
- Mood changes;
- Dizziness, trouble concentrating;
- Feeling "high";
- Weakness, lack of coordination;
- Anxiety, confusion;
- Stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
- Warmth or tingly feeling; or
- Sleep problems (insomnia).