Important Information about Lexapro
- Its generic name is escitalopram.
- It is an antidepressant which affects on the chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced and anxiety.
- Contact your doctor if you are feeling anxiety, panic, trouble sleeping, behavior changes.
- Do not take this drug if you are using monoamine oxidase inhibitor MAOI.
- It must be stored at room temperature and away from then moisture.
- Tell your doctor before taking this drug if you have liver disease and kidney problems.
- very stiff (rigid) muscles, high fever, sweating, fast or uneven heartbeats, tremors, overactive reflexes
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, feeling unsteady, loss of coordination
- Headache, trouble concentrating, memory problems, weakness, confusion, hallucinations, fainting, seizure, shallow breathing or breathing that stops.
Less serious Lexapro side effects may include:
- drowsiness, dizziness
- Sleep problems.
- mild nausea, gas, heartburn, upset stomach, constipation
- weight changes
- decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm
- Dry mouth, yawning, ringing in your ears.