Important Information about Levaquin
- Its generic name is levofloxacin.
- It is an antibiotic called fluoroquinolones which fights with the bacteria in the body.
- It is used in the treatment of bronchitis or pneumonia which is caused due to the bacterial infections in the body.
- It must be stored at room temperature and keep away from the moisture.
- Inform to your doctor if you have seizures or epilepsy, myasthenia gravis and joint problems.
Side Effects of Levaquin include:
- Ddizziness, fainting, fast or pounding heartbeat
- Sudden pain or swelling near your joints.
- Diarrhea that is watery or bloody
- Confusion, hallucinations, depression, unusual thoughts or behavior
- Seizure (convulsions)
- Pale or yellowed skin, dark colored urine, fever, weakness
- Urinating less than usual or not at all
- Easy bruising or bleeding
- Numbness, burning, pain, or tingly feeling in your hands or feet
- Fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash
- The first sign of any skin rash, no matter how mild.
Less serious Levaquin side effects may include:
- Nausea, diarrhea, constipation
- Feeling restless, anxious, or depressed
- Headache, dizziness
- Muscle pain
- Sleep problems (insomnia or nightmares)
- Vaginal itching or discharge
- Mild skin itching.