Important Information about Lamictal
- Its generic name is lamotrigine.
- It is an anticonvulsant which is used in the treatment of seizures in adults as well as in the children who are at least 2 years old.
- If you are allergic to other seizure, it will cause sever skin rashes and also you are not supposed to use this drug once you stopped using Lamictal due to skin rashes.
- It must be stored at room temperature and keep away from moisture.
- Inform your doctor in advance if you are already suffering from liver disease, kidney problems and heart attacks.
- The first sign of any skin rash
- Fever, sore throat, and headache with a severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash
- Chest pain
- Pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding
- Fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms
- Muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness with fever or flu symptoms and dark colored urine
- Nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice.
Less serious Lamictal side effects may include:
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Blurred vision
- Mild nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, upset stomach
- Lack of coordination
- Weight loss
- Sleep problems, unusual dreams
- Runny or stuffy nose.