Importance of Fosamax Drug
- Its generic name is alendronate.
- Fosamax lowers the bone loss and increases bone mass. It is also used to prevent the bone fractures.
- Do not use Fosamax tablet if you cannot sit upright or stand for at least 30 minutes.
- It must be stored at room temperature and keep away from moisture.
- Inform to your doctor if you have low blood calcium, an ulcer in your stomach or esophagus.
Fosamax Side Effects are:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty or pain when swallowing
- Pain or burning under the ribs or in the back
- New or worsening heartburn
- Severe joint, bone, or muscle pain
- Jaw pain, numbness, or swelling.
Less serious Fosamax side effects may include:
- Mild heartburn or stomach upset
- Diarrhea, gas, or constipation
- Joint pain or swelling
- Swelling in your hands or feet
- Back pain
- Dizziness, weakness, or headache.