Important Information about Focalin Drug
- Focalin is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (adhd).
- The generic name of focalin is dexmethylphenidate.
Before taking tell to doctor if you have:
- Severe depression or a history of mental illness
- A history of drug or alcohol addiction
- Seizures or epilepsy
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease, heart rhythm problems, or congestive heart failure
- If you have recently had a heart attack.
Focalin serious side effects are:
- Increased blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, trouble concentrating, chest pain, numbness, seizure)
- Fast or uneven heart rate
- Blurred vision or other visual changes
- Unusual behavior, confusion
- Twitching or tics.
Less serious side effects may include:
- Sleep problems (insomnia)
- Loss of appetite
- Upset stomach
- Feeling restless, anxious, or jittery
- Dry mouth, sore throat