Important Information about Famvir Drug
- The generic name of famvir is famciclovir.
- Famvir is an antiviral drug.
- Famvir is used to treat side effects caused by herpes viruses (consist of genital herpes, cold sores, shingles, and chicken pox).
- Herpes infections are transmittable and you can infect other people, avoid touching an infected area and then touching your eyes.
- Do not take famvir if you are allergic to penciclovir.
- Side effects like nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, headache, and diarrhea may occur due to the use of famvir.
Less serious side effects may include:
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain;
- Headache, tired feeling;
- Dizziness, sleepiness;
- Mild itching or skin rash;
- Numbness or tingly feeling; or